- What will happen after all the Alpha sessions are completed?
After an Alpha run, your group is to nurture the pre-believers/ new believers – this is in fact the desired outcome for SG Alpha. Pre-believers should be settled into your group by then. You may approach Alpha Team for more details on nurturing or post Alpha follow up materials.
- Do we invite these pre-believers or new converts to join our SG after SG Alpha?
Pre-believers or new converts who have completed SG Alpha are encouraged to join a SG. Pre-believers should be introduced into a SG who is starting SG Alpha in the group in order to benefit them the most. When the Alpha run is completed, pre-believers are encouraged to join in as a member of your SG.
SGs who have established relationships with pre-believers and new converts can invite them to join the SG as well as other programmes such as Baptism classes. SGs should partner with the Alpha Team for any follow up coordination.
- After SG Alpha has completed the Alpha Sessions, will there be follow-up? Who does it?
SG Alpha can be a part of SG’s strategy to multiply and grow deep in their Christian journeys. Depending on individuals and needs, follow up programmes such as baptism class can be introduced to them. SGs should partner with the Alpha Team for any follow up coordination.
- What can we do for pre-believers who have attended SG Alpha but have not yet receive Christ?
There are pre-believers who are not ready to receive Christ by the end of SG Alpha. This does not mean they will not do so in the future. As relationships are formed, SGs can encourage pre-believers to continue joining your SG meetings.
- What do we do when someone receives Christ?
When someone receives Christ during Alpha, SGs should complete the remaining Alpha sessions. SGs’ affirmation would be crucial support to his/her Christian journey. Follow up programmes such as faith foundations follow up lessons, baptism class can be introduced to them. SGs should partner with the Alpha Team for any follow up coordination.
- What do we do if the seeker or new convert does not wish to join my SG?
Though encouraged, pre-believers are not obliged to stay in the SGs after SG Alpha. SGs should work with the Alpha Team for further follow up and coordination.
- If our SG has no one to do follow-up with the new converts, who should I approach for help?
SGs should continue to care for the new converts. They could work with the Alpha Team for further follow up and coordination for more resources such as nurturing follow-up, baptism classes etc.
W&E will also provide nurturer training for SG, with this SG members should be able to do nurturing follow up.
- If our SG has combined with other SGs for SG Alpha, who will take care of the new convert if there is any?
New believers are encouraged to join a SG after SG Alpha. Any of the SGs who have jointly taken up SG Alpha should also be prepared to accept new believers into their SGs. SGs could consult among themselves and work with the Alpha Team for further follow up and coordination.