Ice Breakers & Games For Adults
Christmas is about Jesus’ birth, so don’t miss the chance to teach kids why His birth matters!
1. “GUESS THE SONG” WITH A TWIST
Let one member listen to a popular Christmas song / carol and then “sing” it in weird ways for the group members to guess the song:
- Mouth Closed
- Animal Sounds
- Clap the beat
2. GUESS YOUR CHARACTER
Each member has a card with a popular Christmas Character on it. They cannot see the card and have to put it on their head. Through conversation with one another they have to guess who their character is.
- Current COVID-19 safety measures limit groups to 5 pax
- Participants might not be familiar with all characters
- Plan for >8 characters and check that the players are familiar with the characters used
- “Speed Dating” Style – Keep conversations succinct and moving!
3. CHRISTMAS MUSIC VIDEO
Assign a popular Christmas song / carol to each group, and have them each make a short music video! Provide props if you’re having a physical gathering, or encourage them to use their own for virtual gatherings.
- Participants might be shy
- Don’t have ideas for the video
- Time consuming
- Create your own demo video as a sample for them
– Helps make them more comfortable with making a video
– Gives them a rough idea of how to make the video
Participants guess the character being portrayed.
5. CUP PHONE GAME – SHARE THE GOSPEL STORY!
Participants complete challenges by communicating through the cup phone.
- One group has only questions, the other group has only answers
- One group has lyrics, other group has song titles
- One group has a story, other group has main character names
- Plan questions to share the message through the interaction
- Prepare several cup phone sets as participants will be speaking into the cups
- The cup phones work best when strings are taut!