Ice Breakers & Games For Kids
Christmas is about Jesus’ birth, so don’t miss the chance to teach kids why His birth matters!
OPTION 1: TWISTER RACE
(Physical with restrictions)
- Kids will be split into 2 or more teams to race against one another
- In between the start and end point, there are pieces of paper indicating 1 of 4 limbs (e.g. Left Hand)
- To reach the end point, participants need to step onto/tap the papers with the matching limb in continuous succession. Participants have to return to the starting line if an action is incorrect
- First team to have all members reach the end point wins
- Paper with symbols indicating L/R, Foot/Hand
- 1 leader/team to check for accuracy of actions
OPTION 2: “DON’T FORGET THE LYRICS” CHRISTMAS EDITION
(Physical with minimal restrictions)
- Play part of a Christmas song, and provide lyrics on a slide for participants to sing along, leaving blanks in the lyrics and pausing the song at these points for participants to “fill in” the lyrics
- Works with both the instrumental and vocal versions of the Christmas song, though you are encouraged to go with the instrumental version which encourages participants to sing along!
OPTION 3: GUESS THE CHRISTMAS SONG
- Two gameplay options:
– Option 1: Play just a few seconds of the song for participants to guess which song it is
– Option 2: Play multiple songs concurrently for 1-2 minutes (e.g. through multiple YouTube windows), and let participants try to pick out the different songs played!
- Tip: Play this before Option 2: “Don’t Forget The Lyrics” Christmas Edition, to familiarize participants with the songs. Then use the same songs for “Don’t Forget The Lyrics”!