Join us to learn about “Discipling The Heart Of A Child” with Paul Khoo, at the first of our Family Life Chat Sessions! Come and acquire tips on how to train your child to read and understand the Bible as we explore the following topics:
1. Understanding the Heart Language of a Child
- Common Misreadings & Misplaced Assumptions
- Developmental Perspectives that Enable Maturity
2. Sparking Vision through Speaking Life & Light
- Separating Internal Concerns & Voices
- Empowering Action through Imparting Agency
3. Communicating Boundaries & Discipline
- Playing the Mirror by Observation & Inquiry
- Simulating Conversation & Decision Making
Guest Speaker Profile
Paul Khoo attends Paya Lebar Methodist Church with his family, where he serves as a worship leader. He is married to Joanna, and they have three children: Mikayla (15), Matthew (13), and Mark (9). He is also part of Elijah7000, a nationwide fathers’ prayer movement to turn the hearts of fathers to children, and to restore family prayer and discipleship.
A former educator at Raffles Junior College, youth ministry leader, and teacher trainer with the Ministry Of Education, Paul runs Raison Media, a digital agency he started 12 years ago. He has worked extensively with the Dads For Life movement and youth organisations like the Boys’ and Girls’ Brigades, to develop leadership and mentoring programmes that bring the Word into everyday life.
Paul brings a rich perspective and insight to discipling the next generation amid a fast-moving landscape of media, culture, and technology. He believes that Singapore is a strategic accelerator for the Great Commission, and that parents are key in preparing and envisioning the next generation for the coming end-time harvest.
The session will be followed by a time of Q&A. Register here by 17 August! Places are limited and available on a first-come-first-served basis. For enquiries, email Wendy Voon, Ministry Assistant for our Family Life Ministry at email@example.com.